Think of a cupcake. Go on. Picture one. We can make one like that. That same light sponge, that delicate shade of pink.
But there’s lots more we can do. Don’t forget that you can have your cakes tailored to your requirements: you could swap that delicate shade of pink for something more subtle – or shocking.
Here’s a few of the flavours that Inbal’s been working on recently. She’s always experimenting, though. If your favorite is missing from the menu, why not suggest it?
- The Devil’s Food
- Did you know that the Earl of Hell likes his cupcakes very soft, very light, but also extremely chocolatey? Well now you do.
- Pure, simple, delicious. This one’s for the angels.
- Lemon cupcakes with lemon icing
- A delicate balance of sharp and sweet. If you’ve got an eight year-old daughter then you’ll know all about this.
- When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, this delicate little cake had to be informed that, no, a cauliflower wasn’t a flower. Her second choice was ‘a rose’, so there’s a delicate dash of rosewater in both the sponge and the icing.
- Chocolate with coffee or chocolate icing
- There are few things that nature intended to go so well with chocolate as coffee. However, ‘more chocolate’ is definitely one of them.
- Marble cupcake with dark chocolate icing
- Not quite a fallen angel, but this one’s definitely on a yellow card.
- Chocolate chip cupcakes with dark chocolate topping
- Why do we keep thinking of chocolate as naughty? Somehow bad? Okay, fine: if this is bad then you won’t want to know what good tastes like.
- The Black Bottom
- Chocolate sponge and a cream cheese topping baked together for an alluring mixture of seductive deliciousness and butter-wouldn’t-melt.
- Chocolate cherry brandy
- I think we’re beginning to come to understand precisely what Marie Antoinette was getting at, don’t you?
We can also make that cupcake you probably haven’t though of. While we always use the healthiest, most natural ingredients possible a cupcake’s a cupcake. But here we’ve gone even further. The bare minimum of sugar, less butter, more fruit – even some veg. So don’t wait for the weekend – these are perfect for school nights.
- Dignified and just a little puritanical. A little cinnamon, perhaps, and just a few drops of understated white glazing when the occasion calls for it.
- Carrot with a cream cheese topping
- Please get in touch if you know who first thought of putting carrots in cakes. We’d like to write a song about them, or maybe commission a statue.
- Courgette with a cream cheese topping
- We know, we know – courgette, right? But it works. No idea how, it just does. Do you know how magnets work? Exactly.
- Kiwi with a kiwi and strawberry topping
- Summer in sponge form. It’s that simple.
- Apple and cinnamon with a honey and cinnamon topping
- Fruity, spicy winterishness, whatever the weather.
- Banana with chocolate or caramel icing
- Would you like to know to we get all the flavour of the best banana bread into a light, moist sponge? Well, we’re not going to tell you.
- Blueberry with cream cheese topping or, by order only, fresh whipped cream.
- There’s something a little, um, spooky going on in the heart of this one. Naturally sweet, supernaturally blue, this famous superfood seems to permeate every last crumb.
Want to share your thoughts? Join us on Facebook